Good Housekeeping – Our Nutrition Lab tested hundreds of snacks to bring you the most delicious and nutritious picks for your grocery list.
The overabundance of new snacks and health claims throughout the grocery store can feel overwhelming. That’s why the Good Housekeeping Nutrition Lab pored over the nutrition facts, ingredient lists and flavor profiles of hundreds of snacks, including drinks, bars, crackers and more. Then, we enlisted dozens of taste testers to help choose the winners (tough job!). The result? Our 45 top picks that excel in nutrition and taste.
How We Tested
Our choices focus on innovative, tasty snacks in the food space that meet the following criteria:
- Made with real and recognizable ingredients that you can say and pronounce
- Prioritize fiber-filled and protein-rich sources
- Free from trans fat and partially hydrogenated oils
- 300 calories or less per serving
- 10 g of added sugar or less per serving
- 350 mg sodium or less per serving