Who doesn’t love a great snack board? (We sure know Instagram does!) For every day and special days, themed food boards are ideal for enjoying a variety of flavors in a super fun way.
And when you add Cosmic Crisp® apples — it becomes a Super Board.
Think game watching, a weeknight #SnackDinner, safe family gatherings…or any time!
Ready to Get Inspired?
Cosmic Cheddar Hand Pies
A thick, juicy Cosmic Crisp® slice sandwiched between a store-bought crust and slathered with grape jam is the secret to creating these simple snack treats. Nestling in a thin slice of sharp cheddar sends them over the top. Get creative with cookie cut-outs for seasonal, celebratory change-ups – from footballs to hearts to eggs and stars. A smattering of flake salt or sparkling sugar gives a winning finish!
- Cut a Cosmic Crisp® crosswise into 6 ⅜-inch thick slices. Remove the seeds and cut in half.
- Unroll two dairy case pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface
- Using a 4- to 5-inch round (or seasonal) cutter, cut out 12 dough shapes and place on baking sheet
- Add an apple slice to one side of 6 of the cut outs
- Slather each apple slice with grape or other favorite jam
- Top with a very thin slice of aged white cheddar
- Fold the other side of the dough over the apple and press edges together with fingers or fork to seal
- Brush each hand pie with melted butter or egg wash and sprinkle with sugar or flake salt
- Bake in a 375°F oven about 25 minutes until golden brown
Cosmic Crisp® Crackers
Step aside plain fruit chips. Plant-based apple crackers are taking the snack world’s centerstage! Cut Cosmic Crisp® ¼-inch thick straight down from the stem. Spritz with cooking spray, then set ‘em and forget ‘em a few hours or overnight in the oven. Sprinkle with cinnamon, green peppercorns…even ‘everything bagel.’
- Slice Cosmic Crisp® apples ¼-inch thick vertically from the stem end down
- Arrange in a single layer onto baking sheets lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
- Sprinkle with whatever spice or seasoning you please: cracked black pepper, everything bagel seasoning, pumpkin pie spice, green peppercorns
- Bake in a 250°F oven for 1 hour. Turn slices. Sprinkle with more seasoning. Bake 1½ hours longer or until apples appear less glossy and are slightly dry to the touch.
- Turn off oven and let apples stand until oven is cool or overnight
Cosmic Crisp® Wrap Ups!
Why stop short with bacon when charcuterie can mean a multitude of meats?! Cut Cosmic Crisp® into seeded wedges and enwrap in salami, prosciutto and more. Stir hot sauce in whipped honey and brush before baking. Watch ‘em crisp and curl while the apple mellows.
- Cut Cosmic Crisp® apples into 4 or 8 seeded wedges
- Wrap with pieces of salami, prosciutto, maple smoked bacon or any other cured meat and secure with wooden toothpicks BONUS…wrap with wontons or pieces of puff pastry, too!
- Place wrapped wedges on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Mix a few drops of hot sauce with a couple tablespoons of honey and brush the wedges
- For extra zip, sprinkle with ground cumin or garam marsala—whichever and however much you like
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30-35 minutes
- Drizzle with more spicy honey. Serve warm.
Sassy Cheesy Apple Spread
Part cheese ball, part dip, this apple play on pimento cheese blends equal parts finely chopped Cosmic Crisp® with grated, dry aged white cheddar. Whirled in a blender with sour cream, Worcestershire, yellow mustard, honey & healthy pinch of garlic powder. 2Towns Ciderhouse Cosmic Crisp® craft cider gives just enough punch of bright, piquant flavor.
- Place 2 cups of grated Aged Cheddar Cheese, ½ cup sour cream and ⅓ cup 2 Towns Ciderhouse Cosmic Crisp Cider in a blender
- Add 1 tablespoon each of Worcestershire Sauce, prepared yellow mustard and honey, along with a healthy pinch of garlic powder
- Whirl until smooth
- Stir in about 1 cup finely chopped Cosmic Crisp® with skin on along with ½-1 cup more grated Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Serve in a hollowed out Cosmic Crisp® along with Cosmic Crackers, veggie sticks or favorite chip
Apple Turkey Tassies
A quick mix of ground turkey, chopped garlic, bits of Cosmic Crisp® and salt and pepper makes mad hungry, poppable meatballs. Gently sizzled then simmered in Apple Sriracha Slather gets them on the table in just 10 minutes. Serve in adorable, 1½-inch dairy case crust tassies.
- Mix together 1 pound ground turkey, ¾-1 cup chopped Cosmic Crisp®, 3-4 minced garlic cloves, a handful of fresh snipped marjoram, and a bit of salt and pepper
- Shape into 1½-inch meatballs
- Sizzle them in a skillet over medium heat about 10-12 minutes
- Toss in Spicy Sweet Slather
- Roll your favorite homemade or purchased pie-crust dough onto a lightly floured surface
- Cut dough using 4- or 5-inch round cutters
- Press rounds into bottoms of ungreased mini muffin cups
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake in a 375°F oven about 5 minutes. Let cool in pan.
- Place meatballs in each
- Add more Spicy Sweet Slather if desired
Spicy Sweet Slather
Tangy and sweet to tantalize the tongue, this pantry-driven sauce makes you want to slather onto everything in sight. A cup of ketchup, ½ cup of Cosmic Crisp® cider…squirt (or three!) of sriracha and heaping spoonful of whipped honey is all you need to whisk it together. Grated sweet-tart Cosmic Crisp® stirred in just before serving makes the flavor lip-lickingly unforgettable.
- Mix together 1 cup ketchup with 1-2 teaspoons sriracha (per your taste) or use a favorite spicy catsup or chili sauce
- Stir in ½ cup 2 Towns Ciderhouse Cosmic Crisp® Cider and 1-2 tablespoons honey
- Add in 1 coarsely grated Cosmic Crisp® and mix well
- Heat the spicy concoction in a small saucepan on medium to meld the winning flavors
- Serve with tacos, chips or Apple Turkey Tassies
Apple Shortbread Wafers
Crispy, cheddar-y, and chock-full of Cosmic Crisp®, these simple slice ‘n bake, sweet and crunchy wafers make you wanna lose store-bought in a box. Flour, cheddar and good, sweet cream butter create the base, while Cosmic Crisp® and cayenne fire up the flavor. Knead, shape and chill overnight. Bake ‘til golden for perfect handheld bites.
- In a mixer bowl, beat together 1½ cups shredded Aged Cheddar Cheese and ½ cup grated very cold butter
- Beat until mixture is rich and creamy
- Spoon in 1 cup all-purpose flour and pinch or two of cayenne or spicy seasoning salt
- Stir in 1 cup finely chopped Cosmic Crisp®
- Spoon the chunky mixture into a 1-gallon self-sealing plastic bag
- Gently press the dough into the bottom of the bag and form a square shape
- Chill the dough in refrigerator several hours or overnight
- To serve, slice the dough ¼-inch thick and bake in a 350°F oven for 20-25 minutes
Show Us Your Super Board!
We’d love to see how you are getting creative with Cosmic Crisp® apples to create your own unique Super Board. Tag us on social media with the hashtag #CosmicCrisp during the month of February and you just might win an exclusive Cosmic Crisp® Super Board Set!