- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter is melted, stir in the sugar. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Immediately pour the sugar mixture into the bottom of a 7×11” baking dish. Place the bread cubes on top, then the cubed apples.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon. Pour the mixture over top of the bread and apples in the baking dish.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate overnight, at least 8 hours.
- If desired, take the dish out of the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the foil and bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
Note: you can substitute the milk and cream with any dairy-free milk if desired.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ lb french bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Cosmic Crisp® apples, peeled and diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon