- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3 Cosmic Crisp® apples (about 1 1/2 pounds), cored and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons date syrup
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, olive oil, and eggs until well incorporated. Add the almond flour, cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of the salt, then fold until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, toss the Cosmic Crisp® apples with the walnuts, raisins, date syrup, potato starch, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Spread half of the cake batter on the bottom of the prepared can then top with half of the Cosmic Crisp® apple mixture. Repeat this with the remaining batter and apples.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, until golden, then let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Recipe by Jake Cohen @jakecohen. Check out his new cookbook JEW-ISH out now.