- Add the grated apples and chopped rhubarb to a large storage container or mason jar.
- Heat a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the apple cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a simmer. Once the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is simmering, remove from the heat and immediately pour over the grated apples and rhubarb. Let cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for 48 hours.
- Once the 48 hours is up, strain the fruit from the mixture. Pour the shrub into a storage container and store in the fridge.
- To make the mocktail, add the shrub, fresh orange juice, and fresh lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Place the shaker lid on and dry shake for about 5 seconds to mix.
- Fill 2 serving glasses up with ice. Pour the shrub + juice mixture between the two glasses. Top with sparkling water, garnish, and enjoy!
Note: make it boozy by adding 1-2 oz alcohol of choice to each drink!
Apple rhubarb shrub
- 2 Cosmic Crisp® Apples, grated
- 2 stalks chopped rhubarb
- 1 ½ cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cane sugar
Mocktail – makes 2
- ¼ cup apple rhubarb shrub
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sparkling water