Cosmic Crisp® Tantalizing BBQ Sauce
Recipe by Donna Marie Ryan, honorable mention for Best Condiment under the At-Home Chef Category of the Culinary Challenge!
- Heat a small saucepan and combine the apple onion garlic and vinegar over medium low heat. Stir and cook for five minutes to soften the apple and onion.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes until fragrant and darker in color. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or regular blender while still warm. Pulse until desired consistency. We like a bit of texture but most prefer smooth. Yield 1 3/4 cups Sauce.
- This is a tangy sauce great for sandwiches, basting on chicken or pork or dipping for chicken fingers! I show in glass and on chicken for photo.
- 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple, peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 /3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Applewood Smoked Sea Salt