A thick, juicy Cosmic Crisp® slice sandwiched between store-bought crust and baked with apple butter or your favorite jam is the secret to creating these simple snack treats. Get creative with cookie cut-outs for seasonal, celebratory change-ups like Valentine’s Day hearts. A smattering of sparkling sugar or a layer of pink frosting gives it a winning finish!
- Cut a Cosmic Crisp® crosswise into 6 ⅜-inch thick slices. Remove the seeds and cut in half.
- Unroll two dairy case pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface
- Using a 3- to 5- include heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough shapes and place on baking sheet
- Add an apple slice to each side of the heart shape
- Top each apple slice with apple butter or your favorite jam
- Press edges together with fingers or fork to seal
- Brush each hand pie with melted butter or egg wash and sprinkle with sugar or flake salt
- Bake in a 375°F oven about 25 minutes until golden brown
Pair with this mocktail for a full Valentine’s Day moment.
Cosmic Crisp® Apple slices cut crosswise into 6 ⅜-inch thick slices.
2 Pie Crusts
Apple butter or your favorite jam!
1 Tbps Melted Butter
1 Egg (for egg wash)
Sprinkles or powder sugar frosting for decoration