- Cosmic Crisp® Apple slices cut crosswise into 6 ⅜-inch thick slices.
- 2 Pie Crusts
- Grape Jam (or your other favorite jam!)
- 1 Tbps Melted Butter
- 1 Egg (for egg wash)
A thick, juicy Cosmic Crisp® slice sandwiched between store-bought crust and slathered with grape jam is the secret to creating these simple snack treats. Get creative with cookie cut-outs for seasonal, celebratory change-ups like Valentine’s Day hearts. A smattering of sparkling sugar give a winning finish! For an added special touch, add a thin slice of aged cheddar.
- Cut a Cosmic Crisp® crosswise into 6 ⅜-inch thick slices. Remove the seeds and cut in half.
- Unroll two dairy case pie crusts onto a lightly floured surface
- Using a 3- to 5- include heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough shapes and place on baking sheet
- Add an apple slice to each side of the heart shape
- Slather each apple slice with grape or other favorite jam
- Press edges together with fingers or fork to seal
- Brush each hand pie with melted butter or egg wash and sprinkle with sugar or flake salt
- Bake in a 375°F oven about 25 minutes until golden brown