Stuffing is the true MVP of Thanksgiving dinner! 🍂🍎
The perfectly balanced flavor of Cosmic Crisp® apples round out the tartness with a hint of sweetness in this Cranberry Cosmic Crisp® Apple Sourdough Stuffing.
📌 Here’s what you’ll need:
¼ Cup Salted Butter
1 Cosmic Crisp® Apple, Diced
1 Cup Diced Sweet Onion
½ Cup Diced Celery
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Sage, Finely Chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, Finely Chopped
Generous Pinch of Salt & Pepper, To Taste
1 Cup Fresh Cranberries
1 Lb. Dried Sourdough Bread Cubes
2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Broth
1. Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
2. Heat a medium pot over medium heat & add the butter. Once the butter melts, add the apple, onion & celery. Sauté for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic & herbs. Sauté another 1-2 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt & pepper, to taste. Remove from the heat, & let cool slightly. Add to a large bowl along with the bread cubes & cranberries.
4. Whisk the egg & stir with the broth. Drizzle the broth over the bread cubes & gently toss to coat the bread. Combine all ingredients. Add another ½ cup or so of broth if needed to wet the bread just enough to ensure none of the cubes are dry to the touch.
5. Transfer the bread mixture to a large baking dish. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the bread is fluffy and the edges are golden brown & crisp as desired.
#cosmiccrisp #thanksgivingdinner #thanksgivingtable #sourdoughbread #sourdoughrecipe #cranberry #cranberries #stuffing #thanksgivingsides