- 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple chopped
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water plus 1 cup additional water if needed
- 3-4 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired sweetness
- Salt and pepper
You’re about to meet your favorite condiment! It’s bright with zippy mustard flavor and goes with everything from burgers to grilled veggies and breads. Toss together chopped Cosmic Crisp® apples along with chopped mango, mustard seeds, dry mustard, and minced garlic. Then simmer the fruity combo with a sweet-and-sour vinegar blend that’s softened with honey. Viola!
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple chopped. 1 cup chopped ripe mango, 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 5 cloves garlic, minced, and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt.
- Stir in 2 cups cider vinegar and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer over low heat for 1½ hours. Add 1 cup additional water if mixture becomes too thick.
- Remove relish from heat. Let cool. Add 3-4 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired sweetness.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Make 2 cups.