You’re about to meet your favorite condiment! It’s bright with zippy mustard flavor and goes with everything from burgers to grilled veggies and breads. Toss together chopped Cosmic Crisp® apples along with chopped mango, mustard seeds, dry mustard, and minced garlic. Then simmer the fruity combo with a sweet-and-sour vinegar blend that’s softened with honey. Viola!
- In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, combine 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple chopped. 1 cup chopped ripe mango, 1 tablespoon mustard seeds, 1 tablespoon dry mustard, 5 cloves garlic, minced, and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt.
- Stir in 2 cups cider vinegar and 1 cup water. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer over low heat for 1½ hours. Add 1 cup additional water if mixture becomes too thick.
- Remove relish from heat. Let cool. Add 3-4 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired sweetness.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Make 2 cups.
- 1 Cosmic Crisp® apple chopped
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup water plus 1 cup additional water if needed
- 3-4 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired sweetness
- Salt and pepper