- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for the streusel until well combined and crumbly.
- In a large bowl, add the softened butter and the sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and beat until well combined and fluffy, about 30 seconds. Add the sour cream and vanilla extract and beat again to combine.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and beat until well combined, but don’t overmix. The batter will be quite thick.
- Wring the excess water out of the grated apples with a tea towel or several paper towels, then fold the grated apples into the batter.
- Spread about half of the batter into a greased 8-10” cast iron skillet. Sprinkle half of the streusel evenly over the batter. Spread the remaining batter over top, then sprinkle the remaining streusel.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup salted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 Cosmic Crisp® Apple, peeled and grated