A fun craft for the kids, these sweet apple “baskets” are filled with fragrant spring flowers to delight lucky recipients.
- Using a sharp knife, cut off the top inch of each Cosmic Crisp®.
- Using the melon baller, hollow out the apples, leaving the walls at least ½” thick.
- Wrap the ribbon around the bottom and up the sides of the apples, leaving about 16” of length on either end so that it’s long enough to tie a bow. Secure the ribbon by inserting the straight pins into the sides of the apples.
- Tie the ribbon in a simple bow to make the basket handle. Adjust the length as needed.
- Trim flowers to fit inside and fill the apples. Add water for the flowers before decorating.
- Cosmic Crisp® apples
- Sharp knife
- Melon baller
- 2 yards of thin gingham ribbon (between ½” and 1” wide)
- Short, flat-headed straight pins (about 1” long)
- Spring flowers, such as tulips, hyacinths and ranunculus